THE HEIRS: REVIEW & RATING| KOREANDRAMALUVHER

THE HEIRS: REVIEW & RATING

Title: The Heirs
Broadcast: SBS
Episodes: 20
Release Date: 10/09/13-12/12/13

CAST
THE POOR NAIVE GIRL: PARK SHIN HYE
THE RICH IMMATURE SECOND SON: LEE MIN HO

THE ANGRY SOFTIE: KIM WOO BIN

THE SMART BFF: KANG MIN HYUK

THE EGOTISTICAL GIRLFRIEND: KRYSTAL JUNG

THE LONELY OLDEST SON: CHOI JIN HYUK

THE SPOILED RICH FIANCE: KIM JI WON

THE ANNOYING FRIEND: PARK HYUNG SIK

THE SUNBAE WITH EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS: KANG HA NEUL

THE POOR TUTOR: LIM JU EUN
PLOT:
The Heirs depicts the lives of the rich and poor and how they coexist with one another.
Cha Eun Sang played by Park Shin Hye is a ordinarily naive poor girl who falls for the rich second son Kim Tan played by Lee Min Ho. However, Kim Tan has a secret about his birth that no one really knows except his former best friend, the high school bully Choi Young Do played by Kim Woo Bin.

Cha Eun Sang lives with her mother who has a disability. She can not speak and works as a housekeeper at Kim Tan's house.

One day, CES older sister who lives in the US announces that she is going to get married. CES mother asks her to wire the sister money. However, CES decides to head to California to live with her sister. When she arrives, she learns that her sister is living in horrible conditions and lied about everything. Eventually her sister steals the money that CES brought from Korea and and now she is left stranded.

She then meets Kim Tan who falls for her! Unfortunately Kim Tan is engaged to the Wealthy and Spoiled Rachel played by Kim Ji Won.

When CES returns to Korea from California, KT and she both discover that they live in the same house.

This sets the scene for this love story!

REVIEW
This drama did take me a while to complete. 
When I first began to watch it, I was not impressed with the dynamic between the two leads, Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye. I did not think that they had chemistry in the least.
I must have re-watched the first three episodes twice attempting to decide whether or not I liked it. 
I am unsure whether it was the acting with KT friends from California or whether or not I just was not feeling the vibe between CES and KT. 

Honestly, the producers could have done a better job with getting better actors to play KT friends.

For some time, this drama sat at the bottom of my Watchlist as new dramas emerged, it went further and further down.

Something told me to stick it out and I am glad that I did.  The dynamic between Lee Min Ho and his brother Choi Jin Hyuk is a heartbreaking element. The dynamic between once best friends Kim Woo Bin and Lee Min Ho is interesting to watch until the end. The gang of rich girls played by Krystal Jung and Kim Ji Won is also an exciting element in this story.

We can not forget the adults and their intensity in this drama!

All in all a very good romantic drama!
RATING(Click Here For My Rating System)
4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐
I would recommend this drama! It has all of the elements of a great School Drama! It is a bit reminiscent of the US show, 90210 but I liked it. I do have to admit that it took me a couple of years to get through this drama, but I am glad that I got through it.
Be warned that it is in this drama that PSH received a lot of harsh criticism for her kiss scenes with LMH.

Other than that, The Heirs is a great throwback drama.


What are your thoughts? Have you watched this drama yet? Based off of this recommendation, would you watch it? As always, share your thoughts below. Comment, Subscribe, Like. Until Next Time.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH MY VIDEOS:

FIND ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA: 

                                          Subscribe to my BLOG to receive posts first!💛

Follow me on INSTAGRAM

Subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Hang Out With Me On TWITTER

Like me on FACEBOOK


Comments